Saturday, February 14, 2009

St. Valentines Day (minus Dinner)

Hello family. Thanks goodness January is out the door and February is almost over! The sun is shining and March is right around the corner!

So what’s new? Cristy and I finally have some closure to the job search situation. I started work a few weeks ago and I really like my job. I edit regulations (specifically airport design procedures) and basically anything my boss tells me to do, which I anything his boss tells him to do. I am under the FAA in the Office of Airports Engineering. It’s neat and exciting, although I know it doesn’t sound like it :)

Cristy just accepted a very generous offer from a large company that wants her to be the Director of Dining Services at a rather large facility. Let’s just say I am no longer the breadwinner :( Yeah for buying a house one day though :)
AND, soon, Scott will give this blog a makeover. Way to go Scott!

Well, job stuff has really been taking up most of our weeks, so that’s pretty much all we have for now. Now for the pictures!


Nathaniel trying to win Godfather of the Year Award (I'm talking about YOUR children, by the way, not this one. Hint hint. Wink Wink.)


Our first snow of the year! I got to stay home and "work" while Cristy trudged through the snow and saved lives. Go Cristy!


ANOTHER amazing Cristy meal. Teriyaki Chicken Lettuce Wraps with peppers, cucumbers, and carrots! Yum yum to my tum tum :)


Only one sesame seed bun? Got some extra peppers and scallions? How 'bout some pizza. Yeah, I have the greatest wife in the world.


Oh no! Cristy has some serious illness! Don't sip the Pepto babe--take it in one fell swoop!


Meatballs--that's how we roll.

And I do mean Meatball(s). Spaghetti. It's what's for dinner.

Valentines Day!Breakfast in Bed, Decorating tips with bags, some Sunflowers, Mints, Chocolates, and the world-renown "Bestest of the Wives Award."

"Bestest of the Wives Award"

One of our somewhat new plants. We have decided to have you join our green family and we are going to show you pictures as our baby grows. His name is Herbie (the "h" is silent).

When we started, we only had two leaves (the third was just this size when we replanted. Now the cycle begin anew! And you get to be a part of it! (Look, we don't have kids. Throw us a bone.)


No joke. No joke-this is a sculpture of the shoe that the Iraqi journalist threw at former President Bush. It is located at an Orphanage bit is currently being repossessed by the Iraqi government. Wow.

4 comments:

Grandma Sue said...

So who is the kid that is riding you? Glad the job hunting is over - did Cristy get sick from her pizza? Love the update and photos!!

Campbells said...

Hey, I want the lettuce wrap recipe please. We love lettuce wraps! Cute post

Liz and Grant said...

We don't have kids either so we can't let you be our human children's godfather, but if plants count you can claim those ;)

Darren and Laura said...

ok, we need more details, if Cristy is the new bread winner, by how much? what is she making a year, and what are you making? What does her job include? does she have a cool tittle?
Ps. what is the mormon equivelant of God Father
(sorry about the spelling)