Monday, April 13, 2009

March showers bring April flowers?

So I don't know about you all, but I realized that Cristy and I haven't been doing too many things of interest recently. Not much to blog about? Why? Well, as I mentioned in a previous blog post, Cristy hurt her lower back (later diagnosed as a pinched Sciatic Nerve, or Sciatica) sometime back in December. For most people, this goes away within a few months (with treatment or without) but for some it lingers longer. Anyway, if you have ever had Sciatica, or worse, a ruptured or herniated disc, you know what ordinary tasks can be tedious and tiresome (i.e., you don't feel like moving around too much). In the case of Cristy, she likes to spend her leisure time walking or laying on the ground, asking for back rubs (understandable!). Add her new job, where she has been pulling 10 hour days, and you get not a lot to blog about.

So what have you bee doing Nathaniel? Surely something of note? Well not really. You see, a few weeks ago, the same day I was helping someone move, a group of us had some free time and decided to play an improvised game of tennis (long store actually). Well I ended up pinching MY sciatic nerve that day, though symptoms didn't show up until a few days later.

So, long story short, we have been one big hobbley mess. I am fairly close to full recovery but because Cristy just switched jobs she is between Insurances and can't go to the Physical Therapist again yet :(

On a happier note, our Easter was amazing! We really enjoyed our Easter program at Church and had a wonderful diner with my Mom, my Moms friend, Step mom, Dad, and sister. Not many fun pictures, unfortunately, but lots of good candy :) I went on an Easter egg hunt in the apartment and found lots of Cadberry eggs! Yum! Cristy woke up to chocolate covered strawberries, oranges, and bananas (I don't recommend the bananas...but the oranges are a must!)
Here are our relatively few pics!





A flowering tree that has just started to bud leaves. The Washington D.C. Vacationers missed these by ONE week!!!
A variation of the cherry blossom at a church we drove by one day

The whole batch of them in front of the church
Most people snack on snack food--chips, oatmeal cookies, spare fruit--but not Cristy. RD Cristy Moreira snacks on a salad when she gets a food craving.

HOWEVER, when RDs marry sweet-toothed husbands, they gets Easters like this! Chocolate-covered fruit garnished with jelly beans!


Cristy's beautiful Easter dinner linen design.

Google "Food Art" and you will find quite a few of Artists who are tired with their day jobs.

I thought this was funny.

4 comments:

Lani said...

Ugh. I get HORRIBLE sciatica with every pregnancy- the result of an old back injury. It's terrible pain!!!! I've actually had days where I couldn't get out of bed or walk... I hope you both feel much better soon!!! :)

Mandy said...

I TOTALLY missed this post! Good thing you clarified, or I might never have found it. I'm sad we missed the cherry blossoms. George will always think Virginia is ugly now - I'm glad I have seen it in all its glory. Hope you guys get to feeling better soon. I hope our kids climbing all over Cristy for ten days without pause didn't make it worse!!
We all enjoyed the Storm Trooper joke. Especially Georgey :)

Grandma Sue said...

Personally I think that sciatica can be relieved faster by a chiropractor - pinched nerve it is - that is all on that - I also try ice on a bad back - ice for 20 minutes then lye on your stomach and lift your legs as far as you can and hold for 10 seconds - sounds weird but it works - take it from a person who suffers from back pain - feel better guys - love you lots :)

Campbells said...

Sorry you both are currently cripples!Loved the post though. By the way, I always feel physical therapy is better than chiropracter