Sunday, January 4, 2009

45 Pictures! Dah duh duh

Happy November everyone! Oh wait...that was the last time we blogged, but that is not the correct month...or even the correct year...oh well--Happy Holidays everyone!

To be perfectly honest, there are so many pictures in this blog I have been putting this off for as long as possible. Now it's only gotten worse.

Anyway, here's our month and a half in pictures :)

PS: A spacial shout-out to my Mother-In-Law for a) the printing tattoo paper for my temporary tattoos, and b) MY NAME ON THE STOCKING!!! Whooh whooh!

Cristy and her first baked pumpkin. Just split it with a butcher's knife, through it in the oven, and whalah! Mash it up and the possibilities are endless :)
Cristy making her Grandma Campbell's Famous Rolls...
...and they turned out BIG
Daddy Romo cutting the turkey
The dog...upset that he can't partake in the meal :(
Mama Moreira showing off her wonderful handywork
Sista Moreira can't keep her hands off these drumsicks
Mt plate...notice the delicious roll and cinnamon coconut sweet potatoes :D
Haley get some turkey! Inhaled in eight seconds!
The High School friends and I after the football game. I figured I would bring my old High School football friends to a church game...you know...bring in some Ringers an show them a thing or two...yeah--that didn't happen. We lost 9-1! (Note: Practice the next day lasted two hours.)
Christmas at the Moreiras!
Believe in Jesus! And Christmas Lights!
The Home Depot lamp :)
Martenellis for our Home Teachees! Why someone thought this would be a good wedding present is beyond us, but we're not complaining :)
The Mt. Vernon (George Washington's house) Visitor's Center. Clearly I could have whupped GW in a fight. Those tights are way too restrictive.
A giant picture of the manor.
Some historic stained glass...
An amazing replica of the manor made entirely of candy!
Coconut grass!
A Christmas Tree with all the President's portraits! How fun!
Cristy making a real live wreath with a former supervisor. It was beautiful, just like my wife ;)
Want to know how to get wax out of your carpet? Newspaper and an iron my friend...and it's so much fun all over your living room at midnight...
Cristy is having fun too...notice how much newspaper we have gone through...
Christmas! Notice the fake tattoo paper in the front!
(Note: Starting now, the rest of these pictures are in California.) My aunt's backyard has quite a few deer there every morning (8 in this picture).
My cousin Andre and I after Ultimiate Frisbee.
Cristy, Carly, and Andre on our way to HOLLYWOOD!
Which star is that again? I don't know, but she sure is a looker ;) (Note: this sign is WAY out in the boonies. You need a map to get there.)
A hotel on Sunset Blvd.
BEAUTIFUL Bel Aire. Big. Spacious. Security Checkpoints. Oh wait...drive drive drive!!!
UCLA
One of the four Bel Aire entrances.
Talk about advertising taking a turn in the last decade. Sheesh! An entire building!
In'N'Out Burger baby! Yeah! We don't have these on the East Coast so I max out when I can.
As seen on TV...
The hands and footprints part of town. Here, Cristy meets Dick Van Dyke.
and I George Clooney...
God Bless Paul Newman.
There's that star again!!!
Note to the reader: when you pose with these chaps (Darth Vader also made an appearance) be sure you have a dollar to tip. Sorry Zorro!
Moms: This is a chocolate cigar. Don't freak. Although my cousin did try to smoke his...oops...that wrapping id look pretty real I guess lol
Moreira family portrait
The Campbell's are coming to town! Man do they look tired!

And...last but not least...did you know that on a recently expedition to Vanatua a group of scientists discovered over 600 new species of crabs! Even more aazing were there diversity...here are two...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think the crabs were my favorite pictures. haha, thanks for the update!

Anonymous said...

About time - Nice to have some news on the Moreira home front. Glad you had fun in sunny CA but I think you would have had more fun with all our snow here in ID. OK you made the right choice.

Anonymous said...

So fun! I really do envy all of the cool things you get to see, where you live and with the traveling you do. I appreciate the pictures! We REALLY REALLY missed you guys for the holidays! Love you!

Anonymous said...

WOW! So many fun things in one blog... Cris, your peacoat is SO cute. Getting the wax out of the carpet was hilarious! What happened? A heck of a candle disaster? Good tip to have though... All your pics around D.C. look like so much fun! Makes me think we might not actually be too sad if we end up there next! Way to go on your marathon training. All I can say to that is whoah. I will never run that far. I think I once ran 10 miles at once during my brief cross country days, but I will never be you guys! How are the job searches going? Will you really be leaving D.C. maybe???? Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

nicely done :) i almost gave up checking your blogg but i am glad that i stuck with it :)

Anonymous said...

Hope that wasn't Bob commenting on the peacoat. :)

Love you guys. Glad that you had a fun Holiday season.

It is great to see you guys having a blast.

Love ya

Anonymous said...

Hope that wasn't Bob commenting on the peacoat. :)

Love you guys. Glad that you had a fun Holiday season.

It is great to see you guys having a blast.

Love ya

Anonymous said...

It was SOOOO great to see Cris in California. Sorry we were so tired...but not to tired to enjoy our visit!!!
Brown bags actually work better than newspaper on the wax as it doesn't leave the ugly black that just gives you another problem to deal with. Anyway...that's one Mom's tip for the day...glad I could be of assistance.
Happy New Year! You guys are sure out there having some fun!
Love,
Janelle