Thursday, January 22, 2009

Same

Hello family. It seems like a million years since our last blog, but it really hasn't been so long. Unfortunately, not much has happened. Until TODAY I have been waiting, day by day, to receive clearance to begin working. (As a federal contractor, I need to be "cleared" to work.) Cristy has been going to a few job interviews: one on Wednesday and one tomorrow. She wasn't super impressed with the Wednesday job (too little resource in the facility although the pay was good) but the job tomorrow looks promising. We can't wait!

As for the church life, we are busy being Ward Missionaries and starting a new program called "Lightning Visits" where we spend about fifteen minutes at ward families homes a week (for five weeks or so) and try to share a message with them about missionary work. Each week there is a new "lesson" and after we finish with one family we go on and begin teaching another (we work with two families at a time). It's a great way to meet new people!

Home life is great as well...although I can't think of anything new. I was getting pretty good at my House Husband duties, but now I guess I am stepping down from my command :) I went through pages and pages of to-do (and Honey-Do) list items, so time was certainly not wasted.

Contrary to popular belief, it was not so fun to be living near Washington D.C. for this historic election. After watching a biography on MLK on MLK day (because I had a lot of time on my hands) I do realize how important the election really is for a lot of people, and how historic it will always be. BUT, having said that, traffic was more than awful and I have already heard plenty of horror stories about people who had tickets but didn't even get inside the "secure" area. Wow. Good thing we stayed home!

Well that's it for now! We'll let you know how the jobs go!

~C'nN

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cristy & Nathaniel -
Glad to hear you are doing well and Traffic should be thinning down for you now. We miss you guys. Was so good to see you in California. But that was SOOO long ago now. Take care - we love ya

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you finally got the OK to work - I think it is funny that you start on friday and then get the week-end off. Just need to ease into getting up!! Glad to hear you stayed clear of the madness. I would have too.

Anonymous said...

i think most of our lives are settling down. none of us are having big news to report. i havne't decided if it is a good thing yet :)

Anonymous said...

45 picures followed by none! No good! However, considering it is Jan(the boringest month of the year) I understand. Da does not agree, he feels Jan is a fine month. If you follow my blog at all, you know that I hate Jan(though this one is the best I have ever had, its still not great!) Why is cristy looking for a new job? Also, I have been a ward missionary before, and I really like that calling. Do you guys want to meet in North Carolina for thanksgiving with us and grant and liz? We found a awesome house to rent! give us a call
Love nik
l

Anonymous said...

Where are all the awesome pics?? :>P
I at least expected one of some strange animal somewhere......
Hope things are going well for y'all!
Love ya!