Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The Palm Coast Trip Ends!

I am sure that everyone is happy to know that this stream of familyless pictures is about to come to a close. Following are my final vacation pictures for 05 June 2009:

Remember the tallest one-story building in the world? Take a look at the men working on the building in the scaffold (lower-center portion of the picture).
Another angle with the cool NASA water tower. The bus was moving so it isn't exactly what I was looking for, but...
Nothing real special about this building aesthetically. The tour guide said it was the most technologically-advanced satellite system in the world though, so I figured it was worth a shot.
Inside an older NASA shuttle. The reason they are going to decommission the space shuttles and return to rockets is because all of the shuttles were built a long time ago and still work on DOS, as you can see from this non-HD screen. Learning DOS must be tough these days.
Older shuttle parts...
The very uncomfortable-looking inside of a shuttle, complete with upside down thin-metal chairs.
The multi-nation space capsule-making factory. Apparently the French make most of the parts. Who knew.
That little piece just went up 16 July and is now in space. No, I don't know what it is/does, but it's in space now :D
A memorial wall for all of the last astronauts in the space program. After some reflection, I realized that even though getting to the moon was pretty useless (at least that's the way it seems now) the number of technological break-throughs that came from the process is really quite amazing.
I didn't go into the launch simulator, but it looked pretty cool form the outside.
More cool views...
These are the solar panels beneath the shuttle to keep the astronauts from burning to a crisp when entering the atmosphere. I don't know why they are each numbered, but...
They sure do hold a watermark well :D (Note: Fortunately, I was able to outrun the guards after I crossed the rope they set-up so retards like me don't touch the space shuttle.)
Upskirt Tree.
An older rocket form the Apollo series.
Ditto.
Upskirt Tree.
I made a special stop here--the largest McDonalds in the world. Unfortunately, the super-sized meals were not any bigger :(
The drive-through.
After I took this picture, my window wouldn't roll back up and I was stuck in the rain for over a minute. I was not happy.
The only LDS Temple in Florida is conveniently located in Orlando.
And it stopped raining so I could take pictures.






Then I got home (6 June 2009) and there was a sound in our wall. Many of you have heard the story already, but the essence of it is that I cut a whole in the wall to try and free a bird I though had fallen behind through the roof.
It wasn't a bird... :( And it climbed up the wall and jumped onto our linens. We only narrowly escaped death by rabies.
Next week...New York, New York! PLUS PEOPLE AGAIN!!!
Congrats to Grant and Liz and little Natalie!

5 comments:

Liz and Grant said...

So glad you guys didn't get Rabies! Next time you hear something in the wall just wait for it to die, the smell will only last for 6 weeks;) That was the policy at the pest companies I worked at.

I love the name Natalie, no joke, but Grant HATES it, if you can get Grant to change his mind I won't correct you when you tell people she was named after Nathaniel. Good luck!

KrizteeTrain said...

Well Liz--I (and she) would be embarrassed over the namesake. I'm going to have to support Grant on this one. I actually don't even like the name :(

Liz and Grant said...

My favorite are the upskirt trees.

Grant

Mandy said...

I love all your pictures! And I think you should have really told the squirrel story in detail. It is hilarious! That pic you took of it inside your wall is CREEPY! And, Sister, I love your cute shirt from Down East. Both Cathy and Brooke have bought it recently - Cathy in kind of a burgundy and Brooke in Gray. It is the MUST shirt of the season it would seem :) You're so trendy.

Grandma Sue said...

Poor little squirrel - stuck in your wall - having lights flash at it and grown people screaming - how ould you feel? Don't worry I really think the whole story is funny - I'll tell you my chipmonk story sometime :) Great pictures - especially Cristy :)