Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Two Months Behind!

Family! We are now TWO months behind--oh the horror--the tragedy!

So here's how it' s gonna be--same rules as last time, few words and more pictures, but this time, I am not going to edit the pictures. Editing takes hours, and we took so many pictures in New York that if I wait to edit the pictures before I blog then I will get further and further behind. SO...these pics (and the next set later in the week) will be our last edited pictures until we're all caught up. Can you dig it?

Also, I have decided to help catch up that I am going to devote every day to uploading pictures and blogging. My break might not be long enough to blog everyday, but I will do the best I can. So they're going to come fast and I'm not stopping until I'm done!!! How do you like them apples?

Carly graduated 11 June 2009 from Quander. She attended two different High Schools, so she had two different graduations.
As you can tell, this was a very small class. Double the people on the stage and you have all of their graduates!
Carly looking like a depressed teenager, as usual.
I don't know...some chick from the school board who was asked to be the guest speaker.
Carly was one of the two Valedictorians!
Her speech was way better than the other guys...although, just like it always goes, I have already forgotten what she said.
Carly was told she would be receiving scholarship money for her success.
The audience--full of proud parents and friends.
A very touching tradition at Quander is the "Giving of the Rose" or something like that. It's when each graduate gives a rose to the person who helped them the most get through High School. My sister chose my Dad, even though she has a sign on her hat that says "I <3>
All my parents looking on at their daughter with happiness.
Carly with some old friends from the neighborhood--the Sotos.
Every student gets a Graduation Poster, made for them by the faculty. My sister, apparently, is a huge fan of the Canadian Health Care System. Who knew?
Two days later, on 13 June, my Mom took part in an all day walk to raise money for cancer. We made little baggies for my grandmother (who passed away from breast cancer in 2005) and my biological mother (who had surgery six days after the event).
Here we are supporting Sue, right as it was getting dark.
On 17 June, my grandmother came into town to help my Mom after the surgery. She's the one on the right ;)
My aunt Sarah came down too. on 18 June they cooked us a very pleasant southern meal. It was the last one before my mother's surgery and boy did we get in our calories.
Cristy is posing for me, not you. (Note: Thank you Mandy for the wonderful shirts. Your taste is impeccable and, even though Cristy needs some encouragement to wear then sometimes, she always looks fabulous when she does!)
Mom and the chittlins.
Plus a grandma, a great aunt, and a great wife : *
We got the memo about the funny faces Grandma Sue ;)
But apparently their was a clause about only one funny-face picture a day or something. Whatever.
Final kisses for my Mom! I think she was grimacing out of love for me.
Two days later, on 21 June, we celebrated Father's Day at my Dad' s house. He' s
showing off his trick on how to get the dog to give him "kisses." (He has a treat in his mouth.)
Damon and Nikki's Work and the Glory books on the left. He has since finished those book, all in under one year!

That' s all folks. Tomorrow (or the day after) will be NYC pictures. Hold me accountable!

3 comments:

Grandma Sue said...

OK - I'm watching the clock - I'll be checking to see if it is one, two or twenty days till the next post :) Great pictures

Campbells said...

Ok I am waiting for pics of your trip to mississippi!

Liz and Grant said...

Good luck and i am excited for the pics.