Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Baby Victoria (?)

This morning Cristy and I had our 17 week appointment and heard our baby's heartbeat again. It was much easier for the Doctor to find it than last time, and we were pretty excited (158 bpm).

Cristy is still very healthy and has only gained four pounds so far (but not for lack of want or try). Cristy eats 6-8 small meals a day and is very conscious of her and baby's health :)

We set up our next appointment and were also told it is time to find out the gender. Our big sonogram/ultrasound appointment is December 8th at 4:30 PM. Barring any shyness on Victoria's part, we will finally confirm that she is, in fact, a girl. The next step will be naming her Victoria.

Also, last night Cristy told me she was invoking "mommy's right," which apparently is when one gets to do whatever she wants so long as she is Mom (or woman, in a broader and more realistic sense).

I tried to pull the whole "well what about daddy's rights" thing and she laughed at me and went to bed. So, maybe Victoria will end up being Loqiesha or something else from the bazaar. But for now, at least, you all know what I will be calling our daughter :)

~The Moreiras

5 comments:

Mandy said...

Haha, what does Cristy think about you keeping everyone updated on how much weight she is gaining?! Does she approve these posts before they are published? I'm guessing not. I'm sooo excited for your ultrasound! I will mark it on my calendar. And what is your vote for a boy name? Because I'm pretty sure you're having a boy.

Janelle said...

I will absolutely adore my grandbaby no matter what you name him or her. We'll be waiting for the phone call, text, blog post, facebookage, whatever form we get the news in on December the 8th. Maybe you should begin now to set up the group text-outs like Grant did :} Love you 3!

Grandma Sue said...

Vicky or maybe Victor - You know my daughters give me grandsons first - either way December 8 is the next date to be exicited for - awaiting the news

Campbells said...

what if baby victoria is a boy?

Darren and Laura said...

i like mom's idea of baby victor ;)