Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Blitzkrieg Blog Day 4: Mississippi 1_2

OK so Monday didn't happen because I got busy over lunch, and Tuesday didn't happen because I was at an off-site all day meeting. So today is Wednesday, and a new day for blogging. Enjoy.

I joined a soccer team at the end of the season this year and it was a lot of fun. We play a regulation length game (90 minutes) on a regulation field, and it is tough! It is a Co-Ed league, but it is still pretty physical. The girl with the ball in the picture above was pretty nasty...especially after she tripped over my foot and went sprawling to the ground. Oops.
After arriving at the expansive Jackson airport 2 July, we woke up to an early breakfast the next morning. Jack loved his homemade cinnamon rolls, and so did we :)
Maddie likes to smile for everyone, and seems to know whether you want a sarcastic smile or a pretty smile.
I don't know what was going on here, but I am pretty sure Maddie is memorized by something pretty interesting.
Good morning sunshine :)
One of Grant's tricks was to poison the minds and bodies of his nieces with candy in an attempt to get the coveted "Favorite Aunt/Uncle" title. Nice try buddy--we've got that on lock-down!
Who needs a gimmick when you have raw storytelling skill? Sadie is excited and Maddie is amazed.
After a great breakfast, we traveled down the street to the pool, where Maddie and Sadie spend several days a week. Cristy stole my hat, like all of my favorite t-shirts and sweaters.
Notice who is helping Sadie here--not Uncle Grant!
A rare picture siting of Nikki :)
Maddie with not-Grant, diving for treasures.
We played a keep away game, where the "bogey-board-of-power" was very important. here Grant is taunting Maddie with his pink flotation device.
Grant taking a poop or a pee--can't figure out which, but I am leaning towards poop. Liz hasn't figured it out yet.

I was surprised that Jack can hold his breath for a second underwater, but he can. Apparently all babies can do this?
Chillin'
Our next game involved lots of splashing, which is why the bogey board was still so important to have. Cristy tried to do some cannonballs, but I do not approve of her form. She and I will work on this before our next aqua-visit.

Jack loves bananas. He was always eating bananas. He even stores them in his clothes sometimes for easy access.
Jack always had this "who are you and why are you here look" when I took pictures of him. See every picture I took of him for evidence.
"Future's so bright.........I gotta wear shades..."

How come when I don't understand what is happening in a picture, Damon is always in it? Hmmm...
Sadie is going to be a good Mom, just like her Mom. See how she cradles her baby so lovingly?
Jack's like "Who that?!?"
Damon took us to Millsaps to see his campus, his office, and his main classroom. The whole place is pretty impressive. I like how is is erasing something from the board.
The girls really liked participating in the class :) Except Maddie looks bored out of her mind Dr. Da!
I think this dude is Millsaps, but I don't remember. After he died, they cast his entire body in bronze. Really.
I think the family was in the shade here because its 100 F all the time! Everywhere!
I treasure every picture that I am in with Sadie where she is also smiling :)
I got a bigger smile from Sadie--Yessssssssss
I don't know why we did this but it was cute :) I think the seats are shaped like a heart?
To show our love as a family, we posed in front of this Mausoleum. I did not sense the irony at the time :)
Grant = 1; Nathaniel = 0. Blast!

All done. But is the day over?
No silly! We haven't even gotten past 2 PM yet, but my ;unch break is over and so the rest comes tomorrow!

4 comments:

Grandma Sue said...

Great - wonderful - fantastic - loved the way you ended - Great Pic of Maddie

Campbells said...

Loved the post! It cracked me up! We are so happy you guys came, love and miss you both

Darren and Laura said...

makes me really happy i get to go during Christmas!!

Campbells said...

The bench is shaped like an 'M' for Millsaps. And if you kiss someone on it during a full moon, you will get married.